Monday, April 7, 2014

The Big Hoo-hah of a 21st Birthday

Hellloooooo. So as you can tell, this is yet another birthday post. It's not mine, I'm not yet 21. And yeah. This 21st birthday celebration is my sister's and the first 21st birthday my family has ever witnessed. Nope, no typical big birthday parties with balloons floating around, no fancy backdrop, no fancy dessert table, no big table filled with nicely wrapped presents, no friends and family left to attend to themselves while the main star go from table to table to take pictures or receive birthday wishes. Sis and I are just rebels like that. What we do have however, was good food and good company. A little too much good food I might add. Hahahhahha

The small plan we had was to head down to Bangsar for a nice little family dinner (cause I told them about my trip to Bangsar with my friends). It's here if haven't read it. Planned sort of changed when our aunt and uncle jio-ed us out for dinner. Aunty treated this celebration with a little more anxiety than the birthday girl herself. So! New plan, go Mid Valley for lunch at Amarin (Thai food) first then only head to Bangsar for dessert and dinner. Enuf chit chat, let the pictures do the talking.

 
Starting off with a picture of the main subject that day

Mum and ze overly excited dad

Cousin Joseanne, Sis, mum and dad

Girls of the day; Jeanette, Joseanne, Sis, Be Ko, mum and me

Lucas, Legolas, Be Ko, Chun Yean koko (our uncle, but we were too used to calling him that and not Be Ko tiu)



Starting off with fried food!!! Oh nom nom nom

Typical famous Thai pandan chicken and also the mango salad with fried little prawns at the back

More fooooddddd 


What's Thai food without their tasty-soury-yummy tomyam soup?

No picture of all the food together because we were all hungry and the food came one by one and they were all soooo good. Not forgetting the rice. OMG riceeee *fan tong* [it translates to rice bucket but it refers to people who absolutely looooveeeessss rice] Anyways, Thai rice is always so fragrant and delicious. Oh nom nom nom. Chewing and swallowing all the carbs taste sooo good.

Review : Very good Thai food. Must try!!! Will definitely come back again!
Caution : Come with a big group of people so that you can order and try lots of dishes although there are dishes on the menu for 1 or 2 person like Pattaya fried rice and such
Price : A little expensive, but I'll say it's worth it because it taste good and also it comes in big portions

We were too full to try their dessert, the famous Thai dessert with the coconut milk and the ruby-pink chestnuts. If anyone of you have tried them, let me know how it taste please :(((

After all the yummy yummy food, we walked a little around The Gardens before heading to Bangsar. Everyone got excited in the art shop called Art Friend because they have E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!! Arts and Craft lovers should know and visit this shop at least once. But wait, actually don't. Unless you're ready to spend all your hard earned money there. I had to resist the urge to get a shopping basket. I tell you, if you're broke, DO NOT PICK UP A SHOPPING BASKET!!! I'll just draw you into throwing stuff that you want into the basket and then you'll either have trouble paying or have trouble putting things back. You have been warned! 

I got a lino cutter here at only RM19.90!!! ZOMGGGGG I was searching high and low for it online and it all costs hundreds! I can die in peace now. Sis got nice peacock feathers and tribals beads for her next project! Can you guess what is it yet? ............ Okay la come I tell you. She's gonna make a dream catcher. 

Next! Off to Bangsar. We went to Haagen Dazs for dessert.

Fondue : 16 mini scoops of Haagen Dazs, fruits, 4 cookies, 4 love letters, 4 brownies, 4 sponge cakes [RM 66]

Flower Blossom : A crunchy waffle basket with 6 scoops of Haagen Dazs [RM34]

While waiting for it to arrive *excited faces* can you tell? Hhahaha

Sis's sitting OOTD

"Why they no arrive yet?"

Mums also want to take picture. See? This is in our genes

.............................................
[fast forward to when food arrives]

Fondueeeee is hereeeee *hyperventilating*

Flower Blossom (no kidding, that's the name on the menu) *droolsssss*

Happy Birthday jie!

Another shot with the instax camera (Because I insist! Because I'm that friend who thinks insist she's a photographer)

Yay candles! Birthday cake... ermmm cream? Ice-cream?

 
Everybody loves ice-cream :D


Smallminitiny scoop of ice-cream dipped in melted chocolate and then into a bowl of crushed nuts *read it with the escalating tone like how they do in commercials*

Zoom zoom zoom everyone's moving so fast around the fondue


Be ko with the 2 extra scoops we ordered because we love them so much and because we can't get enough of them!

Last one already :(

Clean clean lehhhh! We used our forks and spoons to scrape off all the remaining chocolate

Okay la, while we were so enjoying our ice-cream, poor Lego couldn't eat because he's coughing. And his dad resisted all temptations to accompany the little one. Win liao. My future husband must be as willing because I will not forgo my ice-cream! No matter how sick and dying I am!


And after all that guilty pleasure food, we walked around Bangsar Village mall, I or II idk to burn off 1% of the calories consumed. And I saw a few interesting shops which I can spend hours looking and looking and then not buying because they're either expensive or of no use to me. Some things are just so nice to look at *heart-shaped eyes*

 A whole table filled with nice colours and it has the organized but at the same time also the cluttered kinda look. You get what I mean? But they're all plastics and I don't trust plastics. I really mean items, not people. I'm fine with people who had plastics surgery. Oookay? Just so we're clear :) If all these items are porcelain, ........ I'm gonna cry my eyeballs out deciding if I should get one in every colour. Heheheheh

From another angle. Omggg loveeeee <3

A nice floral lantern. No point buying because every lantern tends to burn under my care wtf

A shelf filled with colourful pillows and cloth buntings! 

Actually there was a "no pictures" policy in this shop, but being me, I go ahead and keep shooting anyways. Discreetly! Muahahahhaa okay la I'm only being a rebel when it comes to kawaiiiiii shops, but if it's friends then usually I'll abide and stop. Unless I'm realllllllyyyy reallllyyyy comfortable around you, I'll keep snapping pictures even if you scream or threaten me :) And then I'll also post the ugliest pictures of you :D

Anyways, my cousins Jeanette and Joseanne were really sporting. They whispered, "Don't bother la, just keep taking pictures" *wink* and then proceeds to fake-talking-loudly so that they cover the camera noise. Hahahhaha "Wahhhh everything here is so nice hor" "OMG look at all these colours, so pretttyyyyy"

Wrong setting = blurry picture :(

Lego in Legoland posing with a Lego wall

For some reason, I just love all the expressions in this picture HAHAHAHAH

It's official! Anyone who poses with this guy will look funny/weird

Oh oh oh!!!!! We saw another nice shoppppp *bliss* "Jeanette : Come, Michelle. I bring you to one shop. You sure will like one. But everything there is very ka-ching ka-ching" And boy, she was right. I loveeee everything inside, outside and about the shop. But memang $$$$$ one lah. This shop is called Sundays (Bangsar Village II) and after the encounter with the other shop keeper, I was scared that they wouldn't allow photos, but surprisingly they didn't say anything. Yayyyy! 


Hot air balloonsssss!!! I lurveeee <3 But I have no good usage for it. Oh and guess what? It cost RM150+ for ONE! O.O
But omg looookkkk!!! The crochet aeroplane, the blue and white stripes lunchbox/luggage? Super duper cute right?? 
And thissss *melts*
 
A very interesting and cute art from the art gallery. Name stated there already. Okay, so cannot sue me for stealing a picture of your shop.

And we found a red balloon tied to a bench! Since there's nobody there, we just assumed that they didn't want it already and we took it and camwhored with it. Heheheheh

 
#hashtag #polaroid #ootd  #stoleredballoon #wtf

Trying to take the focus balloon and blur tiny lights background shot

Fml what is this?

This is my best shot of the red balloon and the fairy lights. I'll prefer if the balloon is a little more focused, but I like the blurish tiny fairy lights here :D

Ze photogenic Lucas with our new friend, Mr Balloon

Lurveee this picture 

Pastel pink and purple paper cranes <3

Sorry la, please bear with me okay?

Like how the the purple ribbon is out of focus and feels like it's so close. But Mr Robot there kinda spoilt it -__-

Naiseeee <3





Three Little Pigs & the BIG BAD WOLF. Omg the entrance from the grocery shop is so small. I almost missed it wtf


When the sun goes down and the Pigs go home, the BIG BAD WOLF comes out to play...
Pigs : Early - 6pm
Wolf : 6pm - Late

Interesting concept behind the long name ;) their Facebook link here

The cute drawings on their menu



Part of the menu

The boys ordered I-dunno-what-Burger (try referring to the menu as shown above la)

Lego + soup (probably mushsroom soup? Idk)
Awesome photography skills but nvm la, I look horrible also

Dunno what is this but would you just look at that cheese??? OMG *drools* and also the meatballs at the back <3

Salmon salad or some sort. Absolutely love the light, sweet (with a little hint of sourness) dressing

I think this is The Big Bad Burger. Omggggg shouldn't blog now (before dinner) can you see the juicy, fatty, crispy bacon on top of that thick sauce? *wipes keyboard*

A horizontal shot in case it looks small. Cause it isn't. It's the typical big, ang moh portion size
Classic Meatball Pasta? I'm not sure, but it's gooooddd

Oh, and we also had another bowl of soup which has bits of bacon in it and also the whole soup itself smells like bacon *gasp* SAY WHATTTT???!!!!
One of all the young ladies that evening *cue elegant music*
Smiling like we still have food in our mouths 

 Birthday girl going to the other side for obligatory picture taking with everyone who celebrates her birthday

We on the other side plus an unknown uncle photobombing

The aunties also want to take picture 

Joined by the birthday girl herself

Males of the night. Doesn't sound very rude, does it?

Goh familia
Loo familia. A family picture in such a long time

Very in huh? Hashtag selfie lol

Come auntie uncle,I help you take la

This side also got people want to take picture

 
 This side? Ermmm not really

All evening (almost), Lucas has been trying to take a selfie with the famous Mr. Balloon He says it's time to change his profile picture
Dad observing "Hmmm very interesting"


 


 *smile slowly fading*

Hahahaha! Success! :D

Photobombed by his mum. Look at his face omg I can't

Dad "Hmmm veryyyyy interestinggg"

"Haihhhh bro, you sudah ke??"

Changing angles

*behind the scenes*

Tak habis-habis ni

We need to work on facing the same camera


Look at the cute drawings on the glass door

 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY ANNOYING SIS!!!

Wine red skater skirt is from >>>> ohhhemmmgeee. It's my friend's online shop and is quite new, so she has a few things only. BUTTTTTT!!!!! She offers it at a very low price because she herself wouldn't buy clothes at unreasonable prices. Therefore! You can expect to see very good deals!!!! Quality is like any other blogshops/instashops, thick and nice material. 

 
Click >>>> ohhhhemmmgeee for their Instagram link

We love them so much, we got them in 4 different colours, wine red, royal blur, peach and yellow <3 The good thing is, you can mix and match the skirts with just about any other top and you get so many different looks everyday! Omg win! Buy buy buy! 

Okay la, this post is super incredibly long enough already. The celebration continues.... look out for my next post la. What do you think? You only turn 21 once. MUAHAHAHAHA!!! The next day (her actual birthday) is another long adventure worthy of a blog post on it's own! Till then, tata! *wink*

 Ending the post with a picture of a happy birthday girl

No comments:

Post a Comment