Friday, April 18, 2014

Pre order.... More like pre dying


Errrr hi! Actually the main subject for this blog post is the Instax mini polaroid photo album. Not about the camera itself. As you... couldn't tell....

Okay, so the story is, I got a Fujifilm Instax mini 8 camera as a Valentine's present. By who you know la. More on my boyfriend in another post! Because he deserves a whole lengthy post of himself. Okay. Maybe 2. Or 5. Or 10 :P Going back on track! I took many pictures with the camera, hence ending up with lots of polaroid films which are credit-card sized. And so obviously I need a photo album la! But of course, the "special" kind one, not for those normal 4R sized photos. And I saw one design that I loveeee on Groupon!


And it's a good deal you know? RM28 for 2 units!!! Like wtf??!!! And down there it says RM38 for 4 units! That's like RM9.50 per unit!!! *died and gone to heaven* And then I went and read the terms and conditions because it's too good to be true lol *Reads terms and conditions* Dumm dumb dumm*  the big great deal ended back in February. I should've gone looking for photo albums as soon as I got the awesome present from my awesome boyfriend. Oh wells, too bad. 

And then! A few weeks later, I saw the exact same photo album offered by one of the blogshops I follow on Instagram. But of course, this is much more expensive la wtf. And also it's pre order  basis. Which means you have to waitttt. Excited but also kinda sad. Leason learned! Don't buy if you need it right away or if you don't have patience.


It's RM24 for one, and since I have a lotttt of films already and I'm not exaggerating this time round, I decided to get 2 and another one for a friend who has an Instax mini as well. RM24 x3 = RM72. That's excluding postage. And since I was buying 3 items, I asked if I could get some discounts #somalaysianwtf They obliged (yay) and said that I don't have to pay for postage!

 
Batch closes on Sunday (16th March) which means I'll be getting my items on 30th March or 6th April

 2 weeks ago, they received the items from their supplier and are packing them to send it out to customers (me included)

*waited a few days after that before I approached them about my items*

And then I sent this :

 Today means 2nd April and tomorrow means 3th April
*if you noticed, I apologized to them because I kept following up about my items and apparently they got frustrated and posted a picture (probably aimed at me)


*waited and waited for my Mr Postman to arrive*

....................nothingggg......................

Next day, 4th April I messaged them again

 And they replied my 2 days later, on the 6th. You hebat! They were probably fed up with an annoying little kid. But I was afraid that they'll just take my money and run hahahh wtf

 4 days later (without my disturbance) they forgot who am I already wtf

Mr Postman came and delivered my items the next day (Friday) but nobody was home -_-



I couldn't get my stuffs the nest day (Saturday) because they don't open on the first 
Saturday of the month. Which it was. Wtffffffff so suay one

Finally went to collect my babies on Monday after work. Luckily they still haven't close or else imma kill a pillow. It took them awfully long to look for my stuff somemore leh. Make me heart attack. But seriously, I don't have patience issues. It took 2 staffs there at Poslaju to look for my stuff T__T why is this happening???

The contents! Albums are not inside the bubble wrap and they gave me coins worth RM1. Dunno it's their sick joke because they got really annoyed by all my questionings  or they just really have no RM1 notes already la.

 No more smiley faces for you

So! Their story went from posted today >>> overweight, have to post again on Monday >>> having exam, haven't post >>> "Not I delayed ya. Is the airplane delayed"

WTFFFFFFFFFFF

This is my buying pre order experience with Vogue Apparels (Malaysia)

 
At least my stuff came with bubble wrap. Popped them vigorously to release stress thank you ar Vogue Apparels (Malaysia)

*developed phobia towards buying pre order stuff online* So how? You want to buy photo album for polaroid photos also? Neeerrrmindddd! I found a substitute for you already!

 Things here are cheaper than any other places. Feel like kicking myself for not finding this blogshop sooner!

See this!!! Freaking RM15 only! (also excluding postage) But the owner types in Mandarin, and obviously I don't understand anything there la. But I can understand pictures and prices/numbers la

If you don't like the Pieces of Moment, you can get this which is not that bad also la

 Oh, there's also sticker frames! :D I wouldn't really buy them myself because I like the classic white frame on the normal polaroids

I made this little picture collection of pictures of items which I find cute on their insta page. I haven't try ordering anything from them, but I think they're okay laaa... Because I saw a friend post a picture of the things she got from them

 
Here it is guyssss! My big messy collection of polaroid photos. I kept most of them in an empty polaroid box until it's about to burst, and then some more in the empty film box and then the rest I just stacked them up and put it in a corner of my wardrobe.

 
See? Gathering dust already



From all that mess on the left to a neat album on the right :) 


Here I have 2 colours, sky blue and ivory. And coincidently, the interior of the sky blue one is yellow stripes and the ivory one has blue stripes.

Had a little photoshoot at home the next day because I'm just so in loveee with them. And also because I'm crazy lol. Actually it doesn't look as nice one la. I photoshopped it a little heheheh




This is how the photo album will look like when it's all filled up


Insides of a new sky blue Pieces of Moment




This is the original picture. The background is so much bluer here

Tadahhhhh!!! My amateur photoshop skills

I used a white background, and because I don't have any white table or board, I used the back of my Super Junior poster (죄송해요 오빠!!!) And since it's poster paper, it's glossy and in some pictures, you can see the reflection. 

Behind the scenes lol

And then I also photoshopped the pictures on my phone using the moreBeaute2 app

For these, I pulled smoothing back to zero

Adjusted detail to the max because I want sharp crisp images

 Left tone untouched because I got too lazy to adjust already

 I drag brightness to just below the corner of tone. Do you get what I mean?

 And I also dragged it all the way to the end. But I find that this makes the photos a little orange

Okayyyy the end

No comments:

Post a Comment