Friday, April 4, 2014

Thai Uncle

*whole conversation happened in Mandarin

Uncle : Miss, I want to transfer files from my pendrive to my iPad can ar?
Me : No, not directly but blah blah blah (boring technical explaination)
(proceeds to overcoming his problem i.e helping him transfer using Google Drive)

*[Note] 
His iPad was in Thai language and making small talks, I asked why and guessed that he was learning the language. He hesistated and then told me that his girlfriend changed it. 

BAM! I got kinda scared after he said that. The only thing that ran through my head was that this is a miang miang uncle who dates young and sexy Thai girls. True enuff! 

The whole transfering thing took quite some time, roughly half an hour or more and after all that trouble, our conversation got even scarier.

Uncle : Uhhh miss, what is your name?
Me : Uhhh my name is Michelle 
Uncle : What's your number ar? In case next time got problem I can call, no need to come all the way here
Me : Uhhhh *panics* looks around

*Full timer, Johnson came to my rescue [He wasn't aware that the customer was asking for my number, he just thought that the customer wanted our store's number]

Johnson : Michelle, go and take the name card for this uncle [Name card includes our store's address and contact number] So I left them to get the name card. Omg live reduced by 50 years

When I returned to give the name card to miang miang uncle, Johnson was away, busy attending to another customer. 

Uncle : Ahh thank you. 以后我请你喝茶 (I'll buy you a drink next time)
Me : Uhhhh *awkwardly refuses and said no need la*


No comments:

Post a Comment