Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Trip to Not-so-cold-highlands - Part III

As mentioned at the end of Part 2, Day 3 or Part III will be kinda boring for you guys. But I'm blogging about it though, cause it was the first time I went strawberry harvesting. I find it quite exciting and hence, it is a memorable experience worth blogging about! *victory background music*

We went to Raju's Hill Strawberry Hill. It's super close to Equatorial Hotel also. Like 10 steps away only. My advice, if you want to visit lots of places, stay at Natasya Resort or Equatorial Hotel because it's just in the middle of everywhere. They serve pure strawberry juice, waffles, cakes and ice-creams but we didn't try them because we ate breakfast already. Haih. So sad.


 I checked online already. Many people said that they don't allow people to pick strawberries on weekends.

There was 5 of us, me, the plus 1, but they were kind enough to let us go in anyways. Oh, and don't worry, no selcas in this post because I was too busy hunting strawberries! :D



*pluck pluck pluck*

Here's a few tips if you're going to pick your own strawberries:
#1 Pick those with a dark red colour
#2 Don't pick the extremely big ones if you're after quality because the big ones have more water in them and hence, not so sweet. They'll be juicy, but bland
#3 Pick moderately sized ones. (I know this is hard because we are all greedy right?)



Taken with my iPhone 4S. Not bad right? Who says you can't get a good picture with a smartphone camera?



Okay I lied. There is a self shot here. Teehee

Ootd. Gosh. I look pale




My aunt. Very pretty right?
Cause there's an awesome photographer ;)



Lego and his mutilated strawberry

Caught eating. But in my defense, the kind worker told us to try them

This is illegal of course. But he's really funny (although he didn't intend to be). He said "If you want to eat, squat down. Don't let boss or the other worker see you". So you can imagine lah. 5 people squatting down to eat strawberries. He then proceed to tell us which ones to pick. And the ones he suggested were super sweet and yummy leh. Shhhhhh don't tell his boss.


Yay! 3 baskets erm-not-full of strawberries! 

We bought their home made jam. It is RM7 for 230g. A little too sour for my liking

Lego sneaked out a tiny strawberry

 That is how we slept in the car on the way back. My face is covered so that you won't puke when you see it. You're welcome

THE END!!!
This is the last of my 3D2N trip to Cameron Highlands. You guys don't have to sit through all the photos and ramblings about this trip already. Hurray.

Kthanksbye (I don't know how else to end a post. Please help)

No comments:

Post a Comment