Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hi Land

Hi land as in High land as in Bukit Tinggi. Yeapppp that's a super cold joke. *wind blows* Anyways, I finally went to Bukit tinggi, Pahang after looking at so many pictures of friends going there and taking pictures at the French Village. We went on a Sunday, which explains why there's so many people. #ihatecrowds

Oh, anddddd I didn't vomit!!! I have the tendency to vomit when I go up to higher grounds (ie Cameron and Genting Highlands) during the windy roads journey when I was younger. No nausea achievement unlocked!

Smug face. Hahaha

Surprisingly the journey wasn't too long. Took only about 2 hours from my house. And we reached! :D Entrance fees is RM12 per head for adults I think (I can't remember). Children rates are cheaper. You have to pay this entrance fee at the blue dot area there.

 Stole this photo from Google.com
Ootd


Me and my older sister. I like to believe that I'm taller *tearsofjoy*


Girl power! Our elder sister. Nah, I'm just kidding. That's my mum




Mum : Michelle! Michelle! Wait! Let me take a picture of you with the rocks as the background
Me : Turns to see that the rocks are too far away
Hence that -_- face

The rock background. Was tempted to climb on them, but I was wearing a dress/apron?

Moss Garden leading to the Japanese Tea House


Candid shot. Oh my parents are shoooo cute

Fishes from the Japanese Tea House giving us a warm welcome





Saw a very nice bamboo background. This is how I normally pose #dorkface

This is what happens when I get posing advices from my sister *fingersallcurledup*



What's the main attraction when go to the Japanese Tea House here in Pahang? Rent all the kimonos/yukatas and camwhore! It's RM20 for 20 minutes, they recommend 10 minutes inside the Japanese house and another 10 minutes outdoors, in the garden. So it's like RM1 for a minute. Chop chop! Let's go! Time is ticking. And the weather seemed like it was going to rain, so the lady there asked us to take pictures outdoors first, and then only indoors, but we took too long outdoors, and when we finally came in, time was up and we didn't get to take pictures indoors :( boohoo

P.S. it is expensive, to my standards, but the pictures make it all worth it :D 

They have many many sets of yukatas, in many many colours, so you can just tell them what colour scheme you're looking for, and if they have it, you can wear it. There's costumes for both males and females, and also for kids. Super adorable I tell you. 


Huh? Watcha doing here? This is my blur face if you haven't see it before

Don't worry if you don't know how to put them on. They'll help you with that.

She looks like a Japanese girl right?

Mum says I look like a ghost. If I was any fairer, I'll scare myself when I go through the photos. Hhahaha That's exactly why she had my hair cut short my entire childhood. Says my face is too small and that I'll look like a ghost. Thanks mum

Full length photo! No feet because we were wearing shoes. 
Tip : Bring your own slippers or wooden clogs and white socks because they don't have any to rent

Mock shocked faces because a guy asked to take pictures with us because he says we both look like foreign people. Awww what a sweetie


Pinning up my hair because I look like a ghost. So say everyone aka mum and sis


Absolutely love the big bow at the back

She's so cute :D 


Japanese eyes -u-





Did I already mention how much I loveeeeee the bow???









Seee??? What did I tell ya??? It's shoooo cute on little kids!!! :D


*ghost in the Japanese Garden* 
Behind the scenes. Hahaha I look scary







This shot just makes me feel like the world's best photographer. Lol

Hmmm a DSLR would make this shot look better




Mum always scolds me for making faces like this :(




We met this cute little girl named Felicia. We thought she looked cute so we asked to take photos with her. Hope she doesn't think that we're both creepy big sisters :O







Did I mention that I freaking love the bow?!!! Yes I did. Mum's scolding me for taking pictures of the back only. She's like "Why you want to waste money taking pictures of the back only?"


Because smiling and tucking your hands demurely is too mainstream. I'm a hipster like that






Btw, the girl behind my mum wasn't taking pictures nude. She's wearing nude colour clothings



It's hard to walk in the yukata

Time was up wayyyy long ago, and so we went to change out of it... reluctantly. The lady explained that they set the time limit at 20 minutes because its hot wearing the yukata what with the layers (imagine yourself being a ba zhang). Then we continued to camwhore around the garden.

Almost there.....

Finally climbed a rock! #likeaboss

Snack stall (by the Botanical Garden entrance)

No pictures of the food we ordered (not that I remember what's the name of the dish) but I think we ordered french toast sandwiches. It's very delicious from what I remembered, but maybe that's just my stomach talking because we were so hungry that we ate them faster than I could take a photo. Oh well. 







Yes, this sign was found in Malaysia *loud sigh*

Extremely steep slope. Can you see how many degrees that is?


And then off we go to the French Village! Bonjour. There's no parking already inside, so we had to park real far and walk there. But it's okay since the weather was cooling.


Can you see it?? Can you see it??!!!!


And boom! We're standing in front of it


No, we didn't get Mcd. Someone just left it there. Tsk tsk tsk. Littering in Malaysia has gotten way out of hand. Even starting to spoil pictures!






Cue magic dust background music. This place looks magical :))))))) and the swans! or are they goose or geese?



They're so pretty I wanted to take picture with them but I heard they bite :O

Now she just looks cute. I just assume it's a girl because she's so beautiful


Waiting... waiting... tadahhhh!!!




And then I turned and saw black swams. 2 of them!!! So it's 2 white and 2 black swams <3 <3 <3 But they were separated by an iron fence.


I love horses. Ever since I read and saw pictures of them in the Peter and Jane storybook series




There's tall, colourful buildings, arcades and games and a fountain and so many restaurants and bakeries inside this village. Andddd!!! I saw the huge teddy bear!!! And of course, it's the grand price, which is impossible to get. I think it'll be cheaper to just buy it rather than trying to win it. So I could only see and touch the bear.



Taking a picture with Mr Teddy because I couldn't bring him home.

Next! To the rabbit farm! I don't know if there's a name to this rabbit farm, but this is the place where we buy the tickets and rabbit snacks.


Donkeys! :D They're really sad btw, so make sure you go and pet them


These are... um... mousedeer? Idk

Helloooooo there... This little one wouldn't come near us or let us go near him/her. We tried using food to lure it our but it just ran and ran and ran. T.T




She/He is just tired. Fyi, I'm not hurting it. 

 See? Prove! She's just sleeping zzzzzz

Then there's this corner where the rabbits are caged up. And the worst part is! They're sooo hungry!!!



Mr Bunny says "Feed me! Feed me!!!"





And then at another corner, you can feed the rabbits running around, pick them up, take pictures and take them home. I'm kidding. The saddest thing about this is, some naughty kids chase the poor bunnies around. Hopefully they don't get stepped on because we almost did. ALMOST! Thank god we didn't ><

Meeting the parents. Hhahahah lol




Awwwww so cute


My little baby

We noticed the white rabbit looking at us, so picked it up and camwhore with it

I bet he's regretting that. Like "Mum told me it's rude to stare, no wonder lah! This is what will happen"



Panda coloured bunny. Or maybe oreo mcflurry coloured?

Okay. Last stop before we head home


No, we're not in a dog farm

What does the horse say? 
Photo credits to my sister because he loves her :'( 


Here he is looking at her


The beginning to a new love story. He just sniffs or breathes loudly when I pat him. Or her. Not that I know its gender

We went for the 'Lead Ride' because we didn't have much time. And the 2-hour trail sounds fun but tiring

Contender #1 Mum

Contender #2 Me

Selca with the polo hat. If that's what's it called. Idk


With the horse I rode on, her name's Bonny

I'm up!



Finally off we go!


At first, it was kinda scary because 
a) the horse is so tall, and when you're up there, you're higher up and its so weird. 
b) and when the horse starts walking, it moves left and right (a little)
c) and that's scary because you have only one strap to hold on to.
d) and there's a possibility that you can fall to the left or right or front or back if you pull the strap only. 

And my sister said "stop gripping onto the strap so tightly" No, I'm not choking the horse, I'm just choking the strap. Hhahaha Okay, so I tried to calm myself down and get used to the rocking left and right feeling. Then I was fine and enjoyed the whole walk with Bonny. Oh and there was a moment there when I thought Bonny was angry and was going to run around like a mad horse because she suddenly stops in the middle of the road. Even the trainer was patting her and nudging her forward but she just didn't budge. I have super wild imagination, yes I know. Turns out she's pooping. In the middle of the road.



So this 10 minute lead ride is just basically riding a horse which is lead by a trainer on the road. I was actually hoping that we could walk on the grass and lead the horse myself and run wild in an open field. But baby steps yeah? Hopefully one day I'll be able to ride a horse myself. I need riding lessons first! Before I fall and break my skull.




With the main trainer, Margreet. I think she's from Sweden? I can't remember ><


According to Margreet (I don't know if her name's spelled correctly or not, but it's spelt that way on the board), the blue thing covering the horse eyes are to protect their eyes from flies. Because there's flies flying all around them.


This is the board where they keep track of the amount of exercise each horse get a day.

Saw this beautiful brown horse with white socks. Omaigod too cute

Holding the horse ride ticket at Bonny's stable


The RM2 entrance fee is to see the horses. If you're riding the horse, you don't have to pay RM2, just pay for the ride







Horse ride ootd. I was wearing this under my apron

Sayonara! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment