Sunday, October 27, 2013

Today's adventure!

I woke up to a repeated honking. Feeling panicked, I looked at the time on my phone. It says 5.41 am. With my heart pounding hard against my chest, I called the second last number on my speed dial. It rang and rang but my call wasn't answered. I ran to get the house keys and to open the front door. My heart sank when I don't see a maroon or white Proton Wira car outside my gate. At this very moment I hear my dad calling out my name in a worried tone. 

"Michelle! Michelle!"

I went inside my parents' room and vaguely see my parents' confused and worried *with a hint of annoyance look. They asked what was I doing. 

I said "Uncle's car is not here anymore"

Mum : Today is Sunday 

Me : ............... 

I thought that it was Monday and that I was late for school. I called uncle (the man who drives me to school) to inform him that he doesn't have to wait for me and that I'll make my own way to school. [This is what I do when oversleep either because I didn't set my alarm, or my phone switched off by itself from no battery or I turned off the alarm and continued sleeping - all of which happened before]

I was so blur at that moment that I even got confused with my timing. My alarm is set at 6.00 am from Mondays to Fridays and uncle comes and fetch me at 7.00 am. At that time, I was asking myself if I normally wake up at 5.00 am or 6.00 am. I panicked thinking that uncle always fetch me at 6.00 am. 

Conclusion : Waking up in the wee hours really does damage to your brain. 

And yes, I take an hour to prepare for school. Just doing basic things like brushing teeth, bath and have breakfast. Oh, and also poop.

Dad told me that he got worried because he thought that I was sleep walking and that I was trying to leave the house. He thought it was funny when I told him that I even called uncle.

So, this is my little adventure early this morning. I'm feeling sleepy and tired as I'm typing this now. Lack of updates before and after this because the big day is soon approaching! I should be spending every minute I have now studying, but I think I have ADHD. One second into studying and I'm either looking at the wall or thinking about something else. In. Desperate. Need. Of. Help!

Kthanksbye

No comments:

Post a Comment