Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tried and Tested : Food Review

McDonalds came out with a new dessert flavour recently, the Banana Crunch. Comes in McFlurry and Sundae version. I think they just wanted to ride on the banana craze. Their way of thanking fans for supporting the Happy Meal Minion Toy rush perhaps?

Photo credit : Stolen from McDonalds Malaysia Facebook page

You might have seen this poster shared on Facebook by some of your ice-cream-lover-friends *guilty* So I got to try it today, and one thing I wanna say is... I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!!! I wondered how on earth are they going to incorporate the banana flavour into ice-cream since they can't extract banana juice from a banana (fruit)... right? Idk. I haven't tried juicing a banana before. But I guess I just didn't have a good look at the poster. Cause I initially thought they are going to put in freshly sliced banana into it. Hahahhahahah fat chance! They didn't even have time to look at me when I thank them warmly for their services. Apa lagi slice bananas to put inside my cup of McFlurry.

So anyways, if you're as dumb as me to wonder how they add 'banana' into the ice-cream, they use banana extract - which is easily available in any bakery shop. The ones in tiny little glass bottles with a red cap. And umm... I think the banana extract liquid is transparent in colour.

The Banana Cruch McFlurry has only 3 ingredients. Vanilla ice-cream, banana extract and Kellogg's Coco Pops. For me, the banana extract was too artificial (memang artificial pun) but the Kellogg's Coco Pops was really nice. Chocolate-y and crunchy and yummy.

Michelle's Nom Scale : 8.5 out of 10

*If you don't like it, you're welcome to pass it on to me provided it doesn't look gross and provided it is not all melted up. 

1 comment: