Friday, May 9, 2014

Justification of handmade and homemade items!

First of all, if you're close to me or if you know me very well, you might know that I have a fetish for non-factory made products. Well... some things only la. Like bags and purses and wallets. And also because it has meaning to it. You know that if you receive something handmade/homemade, the person spend lots of time and effort and sometimes money because one-of-a-kind things doesn't come cheap. That is if they reaaaally made those things themselves. If they cheat and buy handmade/homemade stuff from other people and then pass of as their own masterpieces, f you. 

I just feel like it's more sincere because they take the time to think of what to make for you, how to make it, buy necessary things, spend their precious time making it, wrapping it and also passing them to you. Handmade/homemade stuff is a chore especially when you *I* have no talent in drawing and/or designing. [NOTE] I usually spend hours scrolling though the internet to look for inspiration. Sometimes I try to copy 100% from the original but then because I don't have the materials I often improvise and there I have it! Brand new design originally from me lol.

During the past 2 years, I have been making cards and mini scrapbooks for friends and family. In return, I was hoping for receive handmade stuff from my friends as well. So far I've received a nice felt cookie (very thoughtful because that friend used to call me cookie monster because I love biscuits and cookies) and also a dreamcatcher. Both gifts are very thoughtful, time consuming, and also very sweet :') And not forgetting my mega sized birthday card from my honey <3 <3 <3 That is a very touching gift. Beyond words :')

Oh, and I forgot to take picture of some of them because I tend to make them at the very last minute >< And so, I was mostly always rushing and just forgot/didn't have the time to take pictures. Whatever I have pictures of, I will post them here and also will learn how to put it in my Pinterest page. There probably won't be any tutorials because whatever I make is really simple, do-able in 30mins but somehow it took me the whole day to finish. Procrastinating wtf. http://www.pinterest.com/smallminitiny/ this is my link if you wanna follow me :D 

Here's some preview of what I've accomplished so far! :D



 

No comments:

Post a Comment